Mazayen offers jewelry design workshops using different materials such as beads, glass and silver. Mazayen’s passion is to support young designers as they discover their artistic side. We offer several one-day courses, as well as a three- day workshop and an extended five-day workshop for individuals, groups or corporations.
One Day Courses:
1. Beading and Wire
Learn to make your own beaded jewelry in form of earrings, necklaces and bracelets using our beautiful beads at our relaxing friendly environment. Our Techniques include:
- How to use beading tools
- How to make clasps and ear wires
- How to make beaded necklaces, bracelets and earrings
This beading workshop is suitable for everyone, whether your jewelry making is a hobby or to take it further as a home business. This workshop covers all the basic techniques that are needed to start jewelry making straightaway.
2. Metal Clay
We call it the “Magic workshop” because it is silver jewelry but in a fun magical technique!
Metal clay is a clay based substance containing millions of tiny silver particles. When you fire the clay under a torch, all the clay burns away and you are left with solid silver. It’s fun!
After the workshop, you could continue working with metal clay at home or in our workshops without the need of many tools and equipment. Techniques include:
- Rolling out the clay to a consistent thickness
- Texturing and cutting out shapes
- Sanding, polishing and drilling
- Torch firing
3. Fashion and Design
Jewelry design is important when making jewelry, but sometimes is neglected. Students always focus on techniques and forget about the designing process or the inspiration. The fashion and design workshop is designed to help students get inspiration and to discover their artistic and creativity side. Topics that are covered:
- Basic sketching for design
- Finding inspiration
- The key elements of design
- Creating mood board to start your new collection, including the materials that you are going to use to make your design idea a reality.
Three Days Workshop:
This workshop is a great introduction to make silver jewelry by following the traditional technique. It is a fun and intensive three-day workshop. Techniques covered in workshop:
- Sanding and polishing
After the workshop, students will be able to rent our fully-equipped studio space to keep creating their jewelry at their own pace!
Five Days Workshop:
This workshop is an extended version of the three-day , in which more advanced techniques will be taught
- All materials are included as well as plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits!
- No previous experience is necessary
- Age: from 11 to any age
- Number of students: 6 students per class, to allow plenty of one-on-one attention.
- In all classes, there will be an introduction to safety instructions
For more information and prices, do not hesitate to contact us.